ActionAid (AA) Nigeria is an affiliate of ActionAid International, which is a global alliance of organisations working towards achieving a world without poverty and injustice in which every person enjoys the right to a life with dignity. As a large and visible development organisation, we work in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and America. Our expertise lies in community-led approaches to development and working through partnerships with the poor and other grass root organisations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Advocacy and Digital Learning Inspirator
- The post holder will enhance the capacities of partners, Activista, youth groups in policy influencing, advocacy and use of digital platforms in their interventions and programming for sustained change.
- The Inspirator will be based with partner in any of the implementing states – Lagos, Kano, Enugu, Akwa Ibom, FCT-Abuja or Borno State.
Education / Qualifications:
- First Degree in other Social Sciences or Arts / Humanities is essential
- Membership of relevant professional Institute is desirable
- At least three years post NYSC experience one of which should be in youth related programme in the development sector is essential
- Ability to provide capacity building and support to people with diverse backgrounds and different degrees of digital expertise is essential
- Experience working with diversified groups in rural and semi-urban areas is essential
- Experience working with youth and youth groups is essential
- Experience in conducting digital campaigns, preferably in a development context is essential
- Knowledge of and experience in developing effective campaigns is essential
Skill / Abilities:
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills
- Excellent (proven) interpersonal skills
- Negotiation skills
- Experience in coordinating training/meetings.
- Zeal and passion young people and movementst, Exploitation and Abuse at Work Policy and Overarching
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should complete the Application Form below and send as an MS Word attachment to: [email protected] using the Job Title and Location eg: “Advocacy and Digital Learning Inspirator – Abuja” as the subject of the email.
- Only electronically submitted forms will be considered. Submitted CVs will be disregarded.
- ActionAid offers competitive terms of employment. Applications from women and candidates from the North East and North West are particularly encouraged.
- While we respect all applicants, interview dates will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates.
- ActionAid is committed to preventing any form of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse (including child abuse and adult at-risk abuse) in line with our
- Child Safeguarding policy, Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse; and Sexual Harassment, Exploitation and Abuse at Work Policy and Overarching
- SHEA and Safeguarding Policy; as well as our zero-tolerance approach to Safeguarding concerns.
Application Deadline 11th May, 2022.