Wartsila is a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation, total efficiency and data analytics, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2018, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 5.2 billion with approximately 19,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 80 countries around the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Operations Shift Supervisor
Location: Ewekoro, Ogun
Function: Contract Delivery
Job Category: Engineering
- Wärtsilä supports its customers throughout the lifecycle of their installations by optimising efficiency and performance.
- We provide the most comprehensive portfolio of services and the broadest service network in the industry, for both the energy and marine markets.
- We are committed to providing high quality, expert support and the availability of services in the most environmentally sound way possible, wherever our customers are.
- We are looking for a dedicated and highly skilled Assistant Operations Shift Supervisor for our power plants located at Ewekoro near Lagos, Nigeria.
Your work tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Operate and maintain the plant during the shift according to company policies, procedures and operation profile/plan.
- Follow all procedures and instructions related to start-up, shut-down and normal operations of the power plant systems.
- Maintain all operation records (including logs, checklists and running records) according to guidelines.
- Assist in taking corrective action during system operational disturbance.
- Utilize all the tools, equipment and accessories in such a manner that the operating life is maximized.
- Provide for the relieving shift operator a complete handover, bringing to his/her attention any operational disturbance, malfunctions or abnormalities.
- Ensure that the work is executed at the plant according to Wartsila Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental guidelines and customer site procedures.
- Prioritize and assign tasks so that assigned team resources are used effectively and targets are met.
- Prepare accurate and timely reports of all plant operational parameters and data, and share with stakeholders.
- Communicate effectively the condition of all plant equipment, any deviation/ disturbance from the normal conditions and other performances
- to shift supervisor in charge and colleagues
- Watch over of all alarms / parameters of engines and auxiliaries, monitor and analyze the trend data related to the equipment at all time and perform proper follow-up.
- Comply with all safety regulations (including isolation, lockout and tag out) and perform emergency procedures in order to protect personnel and equipment in case of damage or failure of safety devices.
- Required daily analysis of engine performance and areas of improvement
As an ideal candidate, you will have the following qualifications:
- Achieving required results in a timely fashion
- Making change happen
- Communication skills
- Situational and Cultural sensitivity
- Business and Customer Focus
- Result Oriented
- Decisiveness and action orientation
- Planning and Target setting
- Developing self and others
- HND/B.Eng./BTech in Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering or any related discipline.
- Several years of relevant working experience on Wärtsilä engines or similar 4-stroke engine operations.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 31st January, 2021.