BASF West Africa Limited – At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. The employees in the BASF Group work on contributing to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our portfolio is organized into five segments: Chemicals, Performance Products, Functional Materials & Solutions, Agricultural Solutions and Oil & Gas.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Automation and Controls Engineer
Job Id: 64402
Location: Lagos, NG
Job Field: Production, Maintenance & Technical Services
Job Conditions: Permanent
What You Can Expect
- The incumbent will be responsible for day-to-day operation of the pyrolysis unit line, implementing safety modifications as deemed fit to the Demo pyrolysis unit, facility maintenance of Waste-2-Chemicals pyrolysis site and mandatory inspections and tests on pyrolysis unit are kept up to date.
Duties will include the following:
- Ensure all protective equipment and other equipment are kept clean, neat and tidy
- Maintain the Waste-2-Chemicals laboratory and utilities storage area in a clean tidy condition
- Adhere to all Safety Rules and Regulations at the Waste-2-Chemicals laboratory
- Collaborate with the site manager and Project Manager on the safe operation of the Waste-2-Chemicals demo unit
- Ensure that the Waste-2-Chemicals pilot demo is clean, safe and in good working order
- Record all non-conforming equipment on a job card
- Carry out all repairs timeously to minimize plant downtime
- Maintenance of pyrolysis equipment, pumps, condenser, distillation unit, generator, electrical and control systems in laboratory
- Ensure that all mandatory inspections are kept up to date as required by defined protocols
- Keep an accurate record of all jobs done – job cards filed.
- Ensure through vigilance that any malfunctioning equipment, unsafe conditions, and acts are timeously observed and are flagged and actioned by himself or appointed contractors
- Assist in the operation of the Waste-2-Chemicals demo unit
- Carry out maintenance and engineering works on Waste-2-Chemicals demo unit
What We Expect
- Minimum of First Degree qualification in Electronic Engineering or Electrical
- Prior SCADA (Supervisory control and data acquisition) operation
- Experience in pump operation and maintenance
- Basic computer literacy and computer hardware skills
- EHSQ training and First Aid 1 & 2 required.
- Experience in Engineering (Bias in Plant Automation)
- Knowledge of plant automation, design and control systems
- Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and on-the-job training as part of a committed team.
- Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 18th February, 2022.