Polo Limited – We have a diversified portfolio that consist of over 13 of the world’s most prestigious luxury brands such as Rolex, Cartier, Chopard, Piaget, Breguet, Roger Dubuis, Omega and Longines just to name a few.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Category Manager
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- A category manager’s goal is toincrease the sales and profitability of a business to drive sustainable growth, as such, responsibilities may include: Analyzing data or insights to determine industry and consumer trends regarding the product and category; including developing an exit strategy for unsuccessful products.
- Managing Vendor payment with finance team on retails supplies agreement and reconciliation and ordering of product, understanding Sales behaviour and trends and Average Stock life per product. Product Store space contribution per sqm, Size curve, Slow or fast movers and recommendation of new brands or remover of new brands for profitability.
- Liaise with the varied brands and communicate changes / new product in seasons, communicate visual guide to the team and enforce implementation.
- Negotiating pricing, delivery, and payment terms, all of which can affect the retail profit margin of the products and the individual retail store
- Responsible for setting competitive price points and adjusting prices to increase sales and to clear out stagnant items from inventory.
- Balancing projected forecasts and actual sales, create trend forecasts and implement sales plans.
- Analyze sales to product contribution, Margin Contribution and recommend product type for buys
- Its able to decipher Complementary or substitute or core product and ensure there is blend in the store area. This will greatly help in cross selling, up selling
- Good knowledge of competitors operations not only in pricing but other mode of differentials – product and nitch
Qualification, Skills & Competencies
- Minimum of First Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or similar field.
- Professional qualification is desirable.
- Additional qualification would be of added advantage
- Years of progressive experience as retail or category manager in a premium fashion, clothing & apparel retail business or store.
- Must possess strong analytical skills, exceptional problem-solving skills, a flair for numbers, be highly organized, and have excellent leadership skills.
- He/She must be able to provide business analysis and reports.
- Must have people management skills;
- Must haveexcellent communication skills
- Knowledge of MS Suite.
- Must be intuitive and have proven ability to manage relationships.
- Must be able to multi-task and be an effective problem solver.
- Must have good judgment and wisdom in negotiations and projections.
- Strong working knowledge of fashion trends, designers, and brands.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 16th May, 2022.