Legrande Engineering Services is a subsidiary of Legrande Properties was established in 2002, and became a limited liability company in 2014. The company was registered to carry out business as builders and building contractors, to engage in construction, repairs, architecture, and alteration of buildings and structures of all kinds. Also, to contract for and undertake the supply of materials and labour for construction and related works. As a result of our high-level competence, We have enjoyed providing services for the Federal, State and Local Governments, in addition to private organizations and individuals. The company’s office in both Abuja and Lagos with a compliment of seasoned engineering, technical and administrative staff.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager
Location: Maryland, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Assist in formulating the company’s future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
- Develop financial and tax strategies
- Manage the capital request and budgeting processes
- Develop performance measures that support the group’s strategic direction
- Follow up with the clients on weekly basis to ensure timely payments of expected payment
- Oversee process of payments of supplier invoices upon approval of payment by the approving authority after daily presentation of cash position or on designated payment days
- Reconciliation of account payables and payments on weekly basis at any point in time to prevent overpayment
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date
- Oversee payment processing of payroll and bank instructions
- Maintain fixed assets register
- Monthly reconciliation of bank statements with cash books
- Prepare monthly cash budget/position to show bank balances, expected inflows, expected outflows and projected closing cash balance
- Improve the systems surrounding all aspects of the company’s budgets, forecasts and business planning.
- Analyses budget variances and consolidate the financial statement for further analysis by executive management.
- Develops and manages long and short-term cash forecasts, utilizing historical trends, seasonal influences and future projections. Determines cash requirements and maintains appropriate cash flows with banking and investment institutions to ensure adequate liquidity to meet all obligations, covenant compliance and optimization of cash.
- Oversee the financial operations of subsidiary companies.
- Oversee the company’s transaction processing systems
- Implement operational best practices
- Prepare and package request for debt funding and restructuring
- Ensures the group is in compliance with all statutory and reporting requirements (payment and filing of VAT returns, PAYE remittance and pension remittance)
- Ensures the group internal accounting policies and procedures are adhered to and remain relevant to the needs of the SBUs
- Manages the fund disbursement process, cash balances and cash flow position
- Analyses moderate to complex financial information, including trends and forecasts.
- Produce previous month cash budget variance report upon presentation of the new month cash budget/position
- Participates in business strategic planning process and defines strategies/plans for finance and accounting.
- Manages finance processes, develops and implements a modern cost effective accounting system that will meet the challenges and objectives of the company while integrating the business value chain.
- Produces daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly management reports to the Executive Management (as may be required).
- Preparation of cash flow statements, income and expenditure accounts, tax returns and balance sheet.
- Liaise effectively with the internal and external auditors to ensure that an efficient and effective audit process is carried out.
- Ensures the financial policies, procedures and controls of Companies are implemented efficiently and in line with generally accepted accounting practices (locally and globally).
- Other duties as assigned by the MD/CEO and COO.
- Interested candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree with 5 – 10 years work experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 31st May, 2022.