Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
Working together with children, young people, supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges girls and vulnerable children face. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years and are now active in more than 70 countries, driving changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. Plan International is registered in Nigeria with the Corporate Affairs Commission.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Grants Officer – ASPIRE
- The purpose of this role is to support the country Grants Coordination processes and management.
Dimensions of the Role
- To maintain organization-wide adherence to meet internal and external grant management quality standards, donor guidelines, and related compliance processes, and management.
Grants Administration and Management:
- Support the Country’s Business development unit on resource mobilization activities in Plan Nigeria Country office.
- Support the Grants Manager in coordinating, and monitoring the implementation of donor-funded projects and programs
- Support proposal development process by working with program staff, writing budget narratives, editing proposals, and ensuring proper proposal and grant management procedures are followed.
- Ensuring that reports to donors are submitted timely; that reports are coherent and accurate (quarterly, interim or final reports).
- Ensuring that grants are implemented in compliance with Plan International guidelines and relevant donor regulations.
- Managing donor grants transactions effectively and efficiently and ensuring quality reporting
- Support in establishing a grant tracking mechanism in order to effectively follow up grant activities, determine progress
Grants Management Information:
- SAP administration, including regular updates on grant through daily review and monitoring of SAP dash Board.
- Draft Funding Approval Document and ensure all Funding Agreement Document (FADs) files are updated on a regular basis. This will include the hard copies and soft copies.
- Participate in the onboarding process of new partners, starting from solicitation, pre-award assessment, award and closeout.
- Ensure timely set-up of all grants in the SAP system and corresponding modifications effected.
- Maintain and update grant files for assigned portfolio (Soft and Hard Copy files)
- Document and share key compliance issues with Plan International staff and partners setting the ground for compliance management.
- Support the Grants Manger in generating the Income report.
- Provide support to program and finance teams on reporting compliance.
- Provide strategic report(s) on status of grants for decision-making by Management.
- Support with monthly Country Office Pipeline reporting.
Budget Monitoring Activities:
- Coordinate BVA meetings and document action points.
- Participate in annual Budget Preparation at field level.
- Support Budget holders in proposal budget costing and review.
- Support CSOs in Budget preparation and Amendments.
Compliance and Audit:
- Participate in regular audit of PIN’s procedures, practices, and documents to identify possible areas of improvement
- Create and manage effective action plans in response to audit queries and compliance violations.
- Assess PIN’s operations to determine compliance risk.
- Ensure all employees, partners and vendors are educated on the latest donor regulations and processes.
Sub-Recipient and Partnership management:
- Participate in due diligence exercise when selecting Partners
- Ensure grantee adherence to PIN and donor funding requirements and provide the information required on donor regulations.
- Manage the compliant close-out of grants awarded by the PIN.
- Coordination of timely payment based on approved milestones; work closely with partners to complete any delayed or incomplete milestones.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- A Degree in Development Studies, Business Studies, or Social Science (Master’s Degree or equivalent in International Affairs, Development or related subject will be an added advantage).
- At least four years of experience working in project and/or grants management and proposal/business development/design.
- Good communicator with strong organizational, time management and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, cultural and diplomatic skills.
- Strong writing and editing skills with close attention to detail.
- Ability to juggle competing priorities, meet demanding deadlines and work under pressure in unstable security environments.
- Experience in developing and interpreting donor budgets.
- Knowledge of development issues, trends, challenges and opportunities and implications to the community.
- Proven ability to develop and write grant proposals and concepts and track record in winning proposals.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Excellent proven skills in developing, writing grant proposals
- Good research, negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Strong strategic thinking and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills.
- High proficiency in MS office tools (with excellent Microsoft Excel skills).
- Effective working with and through partners
- Strong planning and organizational skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities. Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 14th May, 2022.