The Institute of Human Virology Nigeria (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis (TB) and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: IT Technician
- The IT technician delivers IT support to the end user in a centrally coordinated structure. Diagnose or escalate repair and maintenance of hardware and software components via SysAid helpdesk.
- Install and configure computer hardware and provide IT support for the end user. Installing, configuring and supporting laptops, desktops, tablet, mobile phones, and printers.
Job Description & SOW
- Maintaining working components through repair or replacement.
- Assisting call-ins or live chat with technical difficulties.
- Set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices (routers, printers etc.)
- Check computer hardware (HDD, mousses, keyboards etc.) to ensure functionality.
- Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications
- Develop and maintain local networks in ways that optimize performance
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.)
- Maintain records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule
- Identify computer or network equipment shortages and place orders
- Maintain records of maintenance of printers and computers and supervise vendors’ maintenance schedule and appointments.
- Interpret problem and determine the best way to resolve it using critical thinking.
- Communicating with clients, supervisors and staff helps everyone to understand the problem and potential solutions. Clearly stating the situation, following through with emails and phone calls and sharing resolutions and making smooth process flow.
- Ability to stay focused on the objective.
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field, or equivalent experience required.
- 1 – 3 years of IT technician, user support, or system technician experience
- A+, Network +, CCNA certification are added advantage.
Application Closing Date
17th February, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed Resume and a one-page Cover Letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to the “Deputy Director, Human Resources”through this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.