Nicole Sinclair – Our client, a Distribution company in the FMCG sphere is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics / Distribution Manager (FMCG)
- The person will be required to organize the storage and distribution of goods. ensure that the right products are delivered to the right location on time and at a good cost.
- The individual may also be involved in transportation, stock control, warehousing, and monitoring the flow of goods.
- The key task is to organize the safe and efficient storage and distribution of goods, and to ensure that orders are fulfilled (carried out) correctly. For example, he will analyze logistical problems and plan transportation routes for vehicles carrying goods.
- Planning and implementing logistical strategy, ensuring targets are met
- Overseeing product storage, handling, and distribution
- Using computer software to track goods from origin to delivery
- Working on forecasts and inventories, keeping an accurate record of the process, and analyzing performance
- Managing and motivating a team of supply chain staff
- Improving the overall supply chain performance and looking for any possible innovations to the process
- Implementing new technologies and staying alert to new trends in the sector.
- Develop and implement a logistics process.
- Oversee warehouse operations.
- Review and approve purchase orders.
- Direct the activities of the logistics division.
- Collaborate with marketing executives to ensure that new products reach the right markets at the optimal time.
- Ensure goods are stored properly and at the right temperature.
- Conduct market research to learn about the demand for different goods.
- Determine what goods sell best to commercial businesses and consumers.
- Decide appropriate quantities of items to stock.
- Vigilant about streamlining operating efficiency, error, and increased productivity
Requirements / Competencies / Skills
- Minimum of a First degree
- A bachelor’s degree in logistics and supply chain management will be an added advantage
- Must possess 5years’ operational experience in logistics
- A logical and systematic approach to work
- Solid knowledge of logistics procedures
- Experience in directing and evaluating subordinates
- Good time management ability.
- The ability to solve problems and make decisions, as well as think laterally and offer creative solutions
- Commercial awareness and numeracy skills
- Ability to handle the pressure of meeting deadlines
- Strong understanding of safety culture and management.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as part of a team, as well as manage people
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Negotiation and analytical skills
Application Closing Date
28th February, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online