The Georgetown Global Health Nigeria (GGHN) LTD / GTE is the operational arm and an affiliate of Georgetown University Centre for Global Health Practice and Impact (CGHPI) in Nigeria. GGHN is a Non–profit, Non- Governmental Organization in Nigeria that promotes best practices in health care delivery and research using local and internationally adapted models to strengthen health systems.
We require the services of individuals with skills and expertise to work on an anticipated HIV Care and Treatment program by USAID on the Accelerating Control of the HIV Epidemic in Nigeria (ACE)in the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Officer
Locations: Bauchi, Jigawa and Kano
Employment Type: Full Time
Slots: Bauchi (1), Jigawa (1) and Kano (1)
- The Logistics and Admin Managers are to be based in our respective Project States (Bauchi, Jigawa, and Kano). The Logistics and Admin Manager is a key member of the Field Team.
- He/ She will play a pivotal role in coordinating the daily operations of the field office, including performing routine administrative and logistics tasks and supporting field technical team members to execute project activities effectively and efficiently.
- The individual ensures accurate and complete record-keeping and filing systems based on the project’s Field Operations Manual (FOM), USAID regulations, and contract requirements and limitations.
Administration & Logistics:
- Supports the daily administrative operations of the field office of the project.
- Support the field team members in coordination with meetings, communications, and related documentation to foster strong relationships with partnering authorities.
- Maintains accurate and complete operational record-keeping and filing systems of the field office.
- Support finance team in forecasting weekly funds request for field offices.
- Support to have up-to-date comprehensive travel tracker/dashboard including update calendar of travel schedule details of field office individual travelers and progress of travel expense claims/travel advance clearance as per project policy.
- Support field office to raise travel request(s) and procurement requisition(s) required for specific travels/events in GGHN electronic system.
- In coordination with project staff and governmental partners, support in coordination with project staff and governmental partners in arranging logistics services and providing on-site assistance for field trips and project events.
- Support to monitor and evaluate logistics service quality delivered by vendors through regular communication with Technical and Operations team members to seek opportunities for improvement.
- Support to maintain communication with field office staff on administrative and operational aspects of the project.
- Closely work with Ops team members of GGHN office to smoothly provide Administrative and logistics support for activities of the field office in compliance with GGHN’s and the USAID’s procedures and policies.
- Act as focal person for field office safe and security including but not limited to safety and security for staff and security of the office premises, the property therein.
- Manage field office inventory.
- Manage field office space allocations for long-term staff and short-term consultants.
- Work with the IT support staff to ensure efficient operation of IT equipment and local area network.
- Be responsible for facilities management, improvement, and repair issues of field offices.
- Manage petty cash for the field office.
- Other tasks as assigned by the supervisor
- University Degree in Business Administration, Foreign Affairs, Social Science, or related field.
- At least 5 years of full-time working experience, of which with at least 3 years of experience relevant to administrative/logistics tasks.
- Experience in USAID-funded or non-profit projects is an advantage.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Good Interpersonal skills.
- Capacity to work with urgency and under time pressure.
- Strong attention to detail.
Application Closing Date
22nd February, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- The position is subject to GGHN’s award from the Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) 72062021RFA00004 – NPI GH ROUND 8.
- Please indicate the location you are interested in working.