VNL Consulting – Our client, a Maritime company who has several branches in Lekki, Apapa & Calabar is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Supervisor
- You would be involved in the day to day operations of the ship including navigational safety, cargo, tank cleaning and inspections.
- Maintaining safety standards and procedures is a key part of the job as well as environmental management.
- The Shipping Operations Manager will also provide advice to vessels and fleet management on cargo requirements, tank cleaning, stability and stress and to maintain all statutory requirements for the vessel in this field.
- Manage staff in the day to day performance of their jobs to ensure that project milestones and company goals are achieved.
- Ensure that approved budgets are adhered to by all departments.
- The Shipping Operations Manager will also be involved in the analysis and monitoring of operational data to ensure potential problems are averted. You will provide guidance to Masters, fleet managersand general management on any special requirements.
- The company may also require you to attending meetings or sit on committees established within the Maritime industry to represent the company.
- BSc or MSc in Engineering, Maritime or Business Administration from a reputable univeristy.
- At least 7 years experience
- Leadership and management skills are essential in Operations Management and so you must be able to demonstrate previous experience of managing people, including performance assessment.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills is essential as you will be required to analyse operational data to help improve efficiencies and to also predict operational problems.
- You must be familiar is current computer programs used within the industry.
- Preferably living on the Island
- Willing to travel out of state for work.
- Experience in Oil & Gas industry would be an added advantage
- Must have extensive knowledge of departmental processes
- Good communicator who is capable of report writing in a clear and structured way.
- You must also have good negotiation skills.
N150,000 – N250,000 / month.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] with the subject “Operations Supervisor”
Application Deadline 28th February, 2021.