Cuso International is a not-for-profit development organization that works to eradicate poverty and inequality. Each year, we mobilize hundreds of volunteer professionals to work alongside local partners to maximize their impact through capacity building. We work in partnership with governments, civil society organizations, multilateral agencies and the private sector to develop and deliver programs aimed at advancing gender equality, promoting the empowerment of women and girls, and improving access to and quality of economic opportunities for young people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Organizational Development Advisor
Location: Calabar, Cross River
Job Type: Volunteer
Placement Length: 9 months
Project – Sharing Canadian Expertise for Inclusive Development and Gender Equality (SHARE)
- Cuso International will deliver the Sharing Canadian Expertise for Inclusive Development and Gender Equality (SHARE) project, with a contribution from Global Affairs Canada (GAC) over seven years (2020-2027). SHARE aims to improve the economic and/or social well-being of the poorest, most marginalized and vulnerable people, particularly women and girls, in developing countries, with a view to contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals.
- In addition to increasing engagement of Canadians in international development and key global issues, this project will aim to increase the performance of country partners to deliver more inclusive, innovative and environmentally sustainable development initiatives that advance gender equality, in support of the action areas of Canada’s Feminist International Assistance Policy.
Partner – Gender and Development Action:
- GADA is a Local NGO in Calabar, Cross River State, Nigeria. GADA is committed to gender equity, the pursuit of sustainable development, and social justice in Nigeria.
The Volunteer’s Role
- Are you passionate about helping organizations function at optimum capacity? if so, this might be the role for you!
- As the Organizational Development Advisor, you will work closely with the operations and project team to re-engineer their systems and develop the capacity of local partners in a way that reflects the quality of support and programs that advance women’s rights, gender equality, and the empowerment of women and girls.
As a Volunteer, you will:
- Facilitate organizational Change
- Analyze the organizations current culture and structure.
- Train current employees on new methods and programs.
- University Degree in relevant area (Social Sciences, Gender Studies)
- Experience in the development of operational plans and strategies.
- Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending on country)
- Accommodation while in placement
- Pre-departure training and in-country orientation (more details below)
- On the ground support through our Cuso International country program office
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return.
- Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
- Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Bonus: Additional return flight home or cash in lieu after 12 months of service for volunteers who extend for another 6 months.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada Only