United Bank for Africa (UBA) PLC is a leading pan-African financial services institution with a global footprint. We have a clear purpose to be a role model for African businesses by creating superior value for all our stakeholders.
UBA has a large footprint across the globe operating in 20 African countries: Republique du Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroun, Congo Brazzaville, Congo DRC, Cote d’Ivoire, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea, Kenya, Liberia, Mali, Mozambique, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Tchad, Uganda, and Zambia. The Bank also operates in the United Kingdom, the United States of America, and with a presence in Paris.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Product Manager, Digital Lending
Job Type: Permanent
- We are looking to hire a candidate who has good knowledge of digital lending and experience in managing large data.
- Our ideal candidate must be able to deliver strategic agenda for digital lending through balance sheet growth, customer acquisition, customer retention, and profit & loss targets to support the achievement of overall business strategy in a cost effective and high return manner.
Job Objective (s)
- Responsible for delivering the strategic agenda for the digital lending through balance sheet growth, customer acquisition, customer retention, and profit & loss targets to support the achievement of overall business strategy in a cost effective and high return manner
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop and monitor product sales and marketing strategy (in conjunction with product marketing) to ensure achievement of digital lending sales and volume budget across all regions.
- Monitors sales impact & profitability of marketing expenditures and special campaigns.
- Collaborate with other stakeholders in technological implementation of loan origination and management systems including defining scope and overseeing deployment.
- Successful execution and monitoring of product marketing campaigns.
- Conduct branch/regional webinars, meetings, visits and joint customer calls to obtain market feedback and understand peculiarities of local operating environment.
- Analyses situations to understand and advise bespoke solutions where necessary.
- Work closely with consumer credit underwriting team, consumer collections team and risk management team to monitor and ensure digital product offerings are in compliance with the bank’s policies and regulatory requirements.
- Utilise market research to identify customer needs/trends and opportunities for new product innovation and product enhancements.
- Conduct regular product & market research to determine digital lending sales/market penetration potential across regions.
- Regularly review customer feedback, market & consumer trends to uncover new product opportunities across different category and regions, disseminates identified insights in a timely manner for execution.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any related field.
- Masters and / or other professional qualification will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years general banking experience, 3 of which must be from retail/consumer/individual sector.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Extensive knowledge of the bank’s policies and procedures.
- Excellent interpretation of business needs into operational requirements.
- Good Understanding of the Nigerian Banking Industry and Remittance industry.
- Knowledge of CBN’s policies and the business environment.
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated competences in championing high performance management.
- A good understanding of risk, credit policies and procedures.
- Excellent communication, planning, organization, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Must have hands on experience in Credit Analysis & Administration, Sales, Relationship Management, Customer Service, commercial and product development functions of a commercial bank at managerial level.
- Thorough knowledge of Individual / Personal / Retail Banking products and services, and extensive Banking Industry knowledge.
- Excellent product and project management skill.
- Excellent interpersonal, and negotiation skills with the ability to network, generate new business and develop strong business relations.
What We Expect From You:
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What You Should Expect From Us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 28th February, 2022.