Sterling Bank Plc “Your one-customer bank” is a full service national commercial bank in Nigeria. In over 50 years of operations, Sterling Bank (formerly NAL Bank) has evolved from the nation’s pre-eminent investment banking institution to a fully-fledged commercial bank; and completed a merger with 4 other banks – Indo-Nigeria Merchant Bank, Magnum Trust Bank, NBM Bank and Trust Bank of Africa – as part of the 2006 consolidation of the Nigerian banking industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regulatory Compliance Officer (Banking Officer – Senior Banking Officer)
Job type: Full-time
Specialization(s): Banking / Finance / Insurance
- To ensure that the Bank is complying with applicable laws, rules and regulations, as well as internal policies, and minimize or mitigate regulatory, reputational, or financial risks etc
- Monitor Bank wide compliance to policies of other regulatory bodies to achieve compliance by the Bank and avoiding regulatory sanction from non-compliance.
- Review and analyze regulatory circulars and policies, letters and exposure drafts, outlining areas of compliance for the Bank.
- Communicate and engage internal stakeholders; to provide information, and feedback on new and existing regulatory circulars / letters / guidelines and exposure drafts.
- Identify and assess risk areas and design internal policies/mitigants that will reduce the likelihood of occurrence/crystallization of the risks.
- Provide employee training on compliance related topics, policies, and procedures.
- Develop an approved Training Plan for the year.
- Domesticate regulatory policies, which includes Internal Policy review and formulation in line with regulatory requirement.
- Ensure standardized, updated, properly referenced and compartmentalized internal policies.
- Update and monitor the completeness of the Compendium of Policies Portal with departmental policies.
- Ensure timely advisory on compliance enquiries by internal customers.
- Communicate key AML/CFT Policies through compliance newsletters, regulatory trends, and highlights.
- Review and assess exceptions derived from AML and other related regulatory examinations.
- Carry out regulatory examination management, regulatory engagements, and advocacy.
- Develop plan and co-ordinate regulatory directives implementation
- Monitor level of policy implementation within the Bank.
- Communicate status of implementation to Executive Management through line manager.
- Facilitate development of compliance culture through compliance training, planning and implementation.
- A First Degree or its equivalent in any discipline. Recognized professional certification such as ICA, CAMS, CFE, and ACIB etc.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 25th March, 2022.