BASF West Africa Limited – We are the world’s leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We link and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance, but also your personality matter to us. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
BASF’s regional division EMEA Europe, Middle East, Emerging Europe and Africa. BASF operates in more than 50 countries in the region. For BASF the EMEA region is our most important market.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Sales Specialist (PME) – Nigeria
Job ID: 64006
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Conditions: Permanent
Job Field: Marketing & Sales
What You Can Expect
- The incumbent will be responsible for providing tailor-made technical support to assigned customers within Performance Materials Division.
- Preparing and/or contribute to customer concepts and identify or develop new sales opportunities.
Duties will include the following:
- Supports the introduction of new applications to the market
- Identifies / evaluates / develops new products in close contact with the customer and product specialist
- Identifies the requirements of the customer and adjusts systems/applications accordingly
- Conduct product testing at the customer’s production site
- Advise customers on raw material issues
- Support projects agreed with the customer
- Request’s development resources
- Advise the customer on the ‘safe handling’ of products (incl. advice on environmental issues)
- Ensure proper handling of ‘off spec material’
- Assist in managing obsolete and problem stock
- Investigate customer complaints on technical issues and takes immediate action if necessary.
- Communicate / coordinate relevant technical issues with Technical Sales (if applicable)
- Inform the Technical Service Team Leader of related business issues
- Report customer visits (using the CRM system, Sales Force system), product development status, and product trials
- Monthly reporting on Customer Technical Projects
- Contribute to the preparation of the technical data sheet
- Could participate in technical exchange meeting on European level
- Introduce technical product specifications into the SAP-system via LIVE system
- Enters sample requests via ‘LIVE’
- Follows project management principles, and QM procedures
- Adherence to and compliance with all BASF guidelines and procedures
- Ensures BASF Quality Management procedures are implemented
- Commitment towards and in accordance with the BASF Values and Principles
- All requirements of the function are carried out timeously and effectively within the business unit
What We Expect
- Tertiary qualification in relevant fields: Engineering, Chemistry, Polymer Degree, or similar Degree
- Must have 3 – 5 years’ experience in the related field
- Project management and presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Efficient ‘farming’ capabilities for maintaining existing or established business
- Hunting’ skills for identifying growth and/or business development opportunities
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Microsoft Office and SAP
- Driver’s license (Obligatory), and willingness and ability to travel Locally and Internationally.
- Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and on-the-job training as part of a committed team.
- Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
Application Closing Date
9th February, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online